2018 - 2020 - Master of Photography, Aalto University, Helsinki, FIN
2013 - 2018 - Bachelor of Fine Art + Honours degree, Academie Minerva, Groningen, NL
2006 - 2011 - Graphic Design, Tartu Kunstikool, EST
Nominations and Grants
01.2019 - KULKA Stipend
06. 2018 - Nomination for Klaas Dijkstra Academieprijs
08 - 09. 2017 Groot Brugmans Reisstipendium
Laura Laasik (b.1989) is a photographer from Estonia.
She is a collector of images and stories, often using this material to assembles constructed visual narratives. In her latest project, Three Weddings, Laasik traveled to Udmurtia, Russia, home of the ethnic Udmurt people in order to document their traditional ceremonies surrounding life and death. This work sees the artist combining aspects of traditional documentary photography with found photos, private archive material, and family photo albums.
Laasik is currently doing her MA in photography at Aalto University,
Exhibitions and Residencies
Selection of exhibitions
01.2020 - "Spaced" group exhibition in the Finnish Museum of Photography
04. 2019 - AMUSE residency in Lithuania, organized by Malta Society of Arts, http://artsmalta.org/amuse-project
09. 2019 - Exhibition in Malta in Palazzo de la Salle, Valletta, 2019.
09. 2018 - AMUSE residency in Leeuwarden, organized by Malta Society of Arts, http://artsmalta.org/amuse-project
06. 2018 - Eindexamen Exhibition http://www.mistermotley.nl/art-everyday-life/graduation-show-minerva-academy-headliners
(Suikerunie, Groningen, NL)
03. 2018 - "Exchanging Dialogues" - A collaborative project with the University in Hanoi, https://www.facebook.com/Exchanging-Dialogues-207718256474423/?ref=br_rs
02. 2018 - 24h Residency in Kunsthuis SYB, http://kunsthuissyb.nl/
07. 2017 Summer school in Het Vijfde Seizoen and FOTODOK,
(Den Dolder and Utrecht, NL)
06. 2017 Residency in Kunstlerhauser Worpswede,